Now that I'm getting older I have decided to make a permanent home for my telescope. As having to lug my heavy Meade 10" Schmit Newtonian out side every time I use it is not going to get any easier in the future.

So here I'll be blogging all the trials, tribulations, successes and failures (of which there will be many I'm sure) of building an astronomical observatory from scratch.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Level Playing Field

The Sun is out so it's as good a time as any to make a start on leveling the observatory floor area. I can feel the bad back coming on all ready!

So far so good, the scaffold boards are going in with not to much bother. I did have to chop out a couple of tree root for the first plank, second and third went in with relatively easy digging.

Darn... Just realized I have a bold patch starting  to form in this pic. I'm sure that patch will be allot bigger by the end of this project.

As straight as a die!

Ahhhh! Here's the first snag, I thought it was all going to well!

As you can see I've come across a tree root nearly as big as the trunk. My tree saw is nowhere near big enough to get through that. Nor is my right shoulder and elbow up to the task, well not if I want to move them tomorrow!  Thankfully Teri has had an offer though her Blog from a local gardener with a chain saw who is coming around next weekend to chop the tree down for fire wood. So I'll let him do this root at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment