Now that I'm getting older I have decided to make a permanent home for my telescope. As having to lug my heavy Meade 10" Schmit Newtonian out side every time I use it is not going to get any easier in the future.

So here I'll be blogging all the trials, tribulations, successes and failures (of which there will be many I'm sure) of building an astronomical observatory from scratch.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

In a bit of a hole

 The shuttering is now at the correct size for the observatory foundations, 2.7x2.7M and the central hole for the pier is at the right depth, so pleased that I didn't find any service pipes which was what I had feared.

I struggled to find a steel lintel the right size locally so I improvised adapted and overcame by dismantling the rotary washing line and used the central pipe as the lintel. Don't tell the wife!


Now I'm ready for the Ballast and cement delivery on Monday/Tuesday.

1 comment: