Now that I'm getting older I have decided to make a permanent home for my telescope. As having to lug my heavy Meade 10" Schmit Newtonian out side every time I use it is not going to get any easier in the future.

So here I'll be blogging all the trials, tribulations, successes and failures (of which there will be many I'm sure) of building an astronomical observatory from scratch.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The mounting plate

I've had very productive day today, not only have I dug out the foundations for my observatory but also made the mounting plate for the pier head. just a couple of finishing touches like a spacer between the disc and the EQ mount, and to manufacture something for the adjusting screws to work against. I'm very please how the old brake disc came up with the grinder. Had a comment from somebody in the Stargazers lounge about how we people in Scotland are tight with cash, very glade he realized that I was recycling this old brake disc an not scrimping! 






No comments:

Post a Comment