Now that I'm getting older I have decided to make a permanent home for my telescope. As having to lug my heavy Meade 10" Schmit Newtonian out side every time I use it is not going to get any easier in the future.

So here I'll be blogging all the trials, tribulations, successes and failures (of which there will be many I'm sure) of building an astronomical observatory from scratch.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Building materials are here


The All-in Ballast and cement arrived on Monday managed to get the cement moved before the rain came but realised the ballast will have to wait until another day as darkness was closing in.



I have to say a very big thank you to my wife Teri for shifting the 1.25 tons of ballast while I'll was at work on Tuesday. What a woman!



Not only did she move the ballast but also broke up some of the old paving slabs I'm using for hardcore below the concrete, What a woman!
Had real problems finding a 160mm soil pipe in Elgin for constructing the pier, so I turned to my favorite shop Ebay, 160mmx3M for £25inc postage ordered and should be here by the weekend. Been down with manflue since Tuesday so very little has happened outside over the last few days, but have had plenty of time to think about the observatory roof. Plans will follow in the next blog update.


No comments:

Post a Comment